Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Bad Plus - 1979 Semi-Finalist (Piano)

Artist: The Bad Plus
Song: 1979 Semi-Finalist
Album: Give
Soloist: Ethan Iverson (piano)

I transcribed this back in my junior year in high school. I worked on it off and on, but it ended up taking a few months to finish. In addition to transcribing it, I also learned it on piano (but have since forgotten it).

-capomatrice





update: I was fortunate enough to catch them at the Regatta Bar last month (Oct 2009). Of course, they were incredible... here's a link to a youtube video of them playing "Flim" (Aphex Twin) from one of their two 31st shows. It's sick how much fun they're having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow-_mETDyGI


3 comments:

  1. hey i've been trying to learn this by ear for a while. any chance you could send me large versions of these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me :).
    I'm doing it6 on the Saxophon.
    Could you upload larger versions somewhere. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, awesome that you transcribed it! I would also love to have larger copies (any chance of getting them)?

    ReplyDelete