Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Instrumental Work In Progress

10/1

I'll continuously update this with the most recent version.

First off, (in addition to being a theorist) I dabble in guitar, keys, drums, and some other stuff. Everything other than the guitar (which was recorded in my dorm) was/is being recorded back at my house.

I've pretty much got the basic structure and solos down. originally the rhodes solo was going to be temporary (just a one take fuck around), but after listening to it a million times, it's grown on me/i've come to just accept it as a solo. the synth solo was also just a fuck around first/one taker (to mess with the synth settings) but some how it turned out nasty. soooo i kept it... then earlier today i was messing with what i wanted for the guitar solo and couldn't figure something out. after a while I got a take that I'm pretty happy with. i've done better, but i'm not complaining.

I still need to work on the ending, the mellotron intro, possible additional guitar sprinkles, more rhodes work in the choruses, possibly some sax, + other things.

anyway, here it is for now (it's also pretty long)

-capo


p.s. blogspot needs to have a way to upload audio files. it's 100% original (no copyright issues) and i can't upload it... lame...

No comments:

Post a Comment